The Europe representative
Richard Douieb teaches Krav Maga in France and in Europe since 1987. He has been officially delegated by Imi LICHTENFELD, the founder. Born in Jerusalem in 1956, Richard Douieb has lived in France until the age of 16. He then returned to Israel, where he started the martial arts.
At the age of 17, he discovers Krav Maga in the army. He passes a diploma as a military instructor with Imi Lichtenfeld.
At the age of 23, Richard returns to France. He practices different disciplines: Atemi-ju-jitsu, Thai Boxing, American Boxing, where he obtains a title as champion of France in 1983.
Finally Richard decides to devote himself to Krav Maga after having passed his state diploma in Israel.
He opens the first school of Krav Maga in 1987.
The reputation of the discipline has expanded when, in 1993, he became instructor in self-defense of the GIGN. He remained instructor there until 2005.
1970 to 1980
1980 to 1990
1970 to 1973
- Acrobatic gymnastics after six years of swimming.
- Learning of English Boxing.
1973 to 1974
- A year of Karate and Krav Maga at Kibbutz in Israel.
1974 to 1976
- Recruitment in an elite commando unit of the Israeli army. Military diploma in Krav Maga.
1976 to 1977
- Demobilization of the army after injury.
- A year of convalescence in a rest home.
1977 to 1980
- Resumption of daily classes in Krav Maga, in parallel with studies of physical education teacher.
- Obtained diplomas: Professor of gymnastics, monitor and black belt in Krav Maga.
- Return to France. Learning of Judo, Ju-Jitsu and American, French and Thai Boxing.
- Obtaining the black belt in Ju-Jitsu and American Boxing.
- Obtaining the second Dan in Krav Maga, passed in Israel.
1983 to 1986
- Champion of France in American Boxing and teaching American Boxing at Argenteuil.
- Several stays in Israel for internships.
- Obtaining the third Dan in Krav Maga.
- Obtaining the diploma as professor of Krav Maga recognized by the national education in Israel.
- Return to France and the foundation of the first school of Krav Maga.
- Mandate of official representative of the Krav Maga in Europe delegate by the founder.
- Several returns to Israel. Obtaining the fourth Dan in Krav Maga.
- Beginning regular courses (up to today) to the company F.O.R.S. (Organization of technical research in security) in Switzerland.
- 1st year as official trainer of the gendarmes of the G.I.G.N. (Intervention Group of the National Gendarmerie). Regular classes until 2005.
- Start with the training of the Directorate of the Police and the Sport of Lausanne, in the form of internships.
- Obtaining the fifth Dan.
- Beginning regular courses (up to today) with the Polish intervention unit Centrum Skolenia Policji.
- 20th March: validation of BEES 1st degree